Vision Path, Inc.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use This Information?
- Under What Circumstances Do We Disclose This Information?
- Where is This Information Processed?
- How is Your Information Secured?
- Your Choices
- Children’s Information
- Contact Us
- Important Notices for California Customers
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several categories of information about you. We collect the information you provide directly to us, which is often personal data (as defined in this policy). We, our service providers, social networks, and other of our marketing partners (as each are defined in this policy) also automatically collect information about you. That information is often usage data (as defined in this policy), but when that automatically collected information can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat it as personal data. Finally, we may aggregate personal data and/or usage data, and that aggregate data (as defined in this policy) is a separate type of information.
1.1. Information You Provide
We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the online stores, including when you:
- create an account;
- purchase a product or subscribe to one of our subscription products; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request, whether through the online stores, including any associated interactive features, or through our social media channels.
The information that you provide us and our service providers can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact information, such as your email address, phone number, and social media usernames;
- your mailing address, including your street address, city, state, zip/postal code, and country;
- your account user name and password;
- your contact lens prescription and your eye care provider;
- information required to process transactions, such as your payment information (i.e., your credit or debit card information) and your shipping information; and
- any information you provide when you contact us.
1.2. Other Information We Collect.
The online stores contain integrations with social networks, third-party advertising networks, and other platforms (collectively, “social networks”), including tracking technologies through which usage data is collected by those social networks. These social networks may use usage data for advertising and analytics purposes, and they may track your activities over time and across different websites and social media. These social networks’ use of and collection through tracking technologies is subject to those social networks’ privacy policies, not this one.
We also collect information from other trusted sources to support, update, supplement, or validate the information you provide to us or that we collect. For example, we use a service to confirm that the shipping address you may provide to us is accurate.
1.3. Aggregate data
We may group or categorize any of the foregoing personal data or usage data, and/or combine it with publicly available information and other online and offline information we receive from or crossreference with our service providers, marketing partners and others, including providers of third-party cookie and other third-party browsing and usage data. Because this information is about groups or categories of individuals, it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
2. How Do We Use This Information?
We and our service providers may use personal data and usage data for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- operating the online stores, including providing to you the features and services available through the online stores;
- providing you with the products you purchase and the services or information you request;
- troubleshooting any issues with the online stores that may arise;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, or excluding you from receiving such communications, materials, or advertisements;
- providing you with information about the online stores or required notices;
- customizing your experience when using the online stores, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the online stores;
- allowing us to improve the online stores and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ and your specific needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the online stores;
- helping our advertisers, sponsors, and partners better understand our users; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of the online stores
We also may use aggregate data for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements on the online stores or through other third-party websites or services that are based on your previous online activity on the online stores and on other third-party websites or mobile applications. In addition, where we maintain personal data, we and our service providers may de-identify your information by removing information that can reasonably be used to identify you (e.g., name, phone number, email address) and use that de-identified information for any purpose.
3. Under What Circumstances Do We Disclose This Information?
We may disclose personal data, usage data, and aggregate data to affiliated companies, service providers, social networks, and marketing partners, including as follows:
3.1. Service Providers.
3.2. Social Networks and Marketing Partners
3.3. Change of Control.
3.4. Other Scenarios.
We reserve the right to disclose personal data about you:
- to comply with law, such as pursuant to a subpoena, court order or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
The online stores also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
4. Where is This Information Processed?
Information collected through or in connection with the online stores will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies pursuant to applicable legal authority in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the online stores, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
5. How is Your Information Secured?
We maintain safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the online stores. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the online stores over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
6. Your Choices
7. Children’s Information
The online stores are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
9. Contact Us
Additional Disclosures for California Consumers
Information We Collect
California law requires that we describe the categories of personal information we collect about California consumers. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“CCPA Personal Information”). This information is collected from a few sources, including directly from consumers, from our service providers to whom consumers have provided their information, and automatically when consumers use or interact with our online stores. We have collected the following categories of CCPA Personal Information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
How We Share Information
California law grants certain rights to California consumers. These include the rights to:
If you are a California consumer and have any questions regarding our collection or use of your CCPA Personal Information, or if you’d like to exercise the rights to access, know, or request deletion: please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us:
California Privacy Rights
Vision Path, Inc.
PO Box 20589
New York, NY 10023
Only you or a person you authorize to act on your behalf may make a request related to your CCPA Personal Information. A request to exercise any of these rights must (1) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected information (or an authorized representative of that person); and (2) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to understand, evaluate, and respond to your request. We will verify your identity by asking you to confirm certain details regarding your account and/or your subscription. In certain cases, we may need to ask for more information. We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with the information you requested if we are unable to verify your identity (or establish the authority of an authorized agent acting on your behalf). Authorized agents wishing to exercise rights on behalf of a California consumer should submit requests to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of the consumer’s signed authorization designating you as their agent. If you do not have an account, while you may contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns, we may not be able to respond to requests to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Because we only collect limited information about individuals without an account, we are unable to verify requests from non-accountholders to the standard required by the CCPA. Additionally, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of such third parties. To exercise this right, please contact us at the email addresses above.